When you're stressed, the last thing you want is a complicated pathway to de-stress yourself. That only stresses you out even more!
You need quick, simple, easy to follow steps or strategies to help move your body and mind into a calm state.
Below we're going to focus on HOW to DESTRESS using 3 simple stress relief tools.
These will help you to:
- reduce any existing stress (prescription) and
- set you up for experiencing less stress in future (preventative)
Remember – we can't control other people or life, but we can control our own selves and how we interact with all the areas of our life (all the unexpected events, uncertainty, pressures and challenges).
Here's a quick overview…
1. Lay Back & Listen
A short stress relief meditation tool. Before we learn any strategies for managing stress, we want to do nothing more than lay back and listen, taking the edge off whatever stress you might be currently experiencing.
2. Reframe & Reclaim
A mind training audio and transcript for stress relief, containing 200 statements to shift your mind, energy and feeling state in relation to whatever is stressing you.
3. Send the Signal
You'll get a resource to follow along with myself and an EFT expert, using “Tapping” to signal the brain and body into relaxation response, helping you to further destress.
Before You Begin, Simply Breathe
Before we dive into each one of the 3 stress relief tools, I invite you to do ONE THING right now to support your mind, body and spirit…
Relax your belly completely, breathe slowly and gently through your nose, inhale let your belly expand, exhale let your belly contract.
Step 1. Lay Back & Listen
We want FIRST to do nothing more than lay back and listen to this stress relief meditation audio.
This will help initially to take the edge off whatever stress you might be currently experiencing.
Listen daily for 2-3 days.
“But Bernadette, you don't understand, I don't have time for that!”
I know what it feels like to be so stressed that you can't even get yourself to stop and take a small moment of time for yourself.
That's why I've already given you written coaching support and tips with the meditation audio at this link (click here) so that “not enough time” will NOT STOP you.
This is what others have experienced after using this audio…
- “Absolutely fantastic meditation, probably the only one that I’ve been able to do without fidgeting.”
- “I've randomly found your meditation and it has brought me remarkable peace and relaxation.”
- “This morning I almost had a mental break down, believe it or not, this eased my mind and body.”
- “Oh wow! This was just what I was looking for… that was an uplifting experience.”
- “That was an amazing experience, I was so calm that I was able to feel the blood running in my veins.”
Step 2: Reframe & Reclaim
This audio below will support you to:
- shift your perspective about your stress and any stress triggers you're facing
- shift your energy and feelings to a calmer, grounded state
- set you up to move forward in action as a powerful person (even when you can't change anything about the outer situation).
All you have to do is plug in, relax and let the audio support a destressing effect in reframing your mind and reclaiming your power.
Use daily for 2-3 days.
I do highly recommend listening to the audio as it contains vibration, tone, pace and background music that all combine to make this a mind training experience.
But, if you're a visual learner you can click here to find the written version of these mind training affirmations for stress relief.
Here's how the audio has helped others.
- “It actually helped me sleep last night. Thank you, your work helps so many people.”
- “It helps me so much with my panic attacks.”
- “That really really touched my soul.”
- “Thank you for giving me words when I need them most. Thank you for providing a wealth of affirmations to lead the way back to clarity in the midst of challenges.”
- “I am listening to this audio during my husband's surgery. It really helps me relax.”
Step 3: Send the Signal
Follow along with myself and expert Brad Yates, as we use the simple and life changing technique of EFT to signal your brain and body to reduce the stress response.
There is a mountain of research now supporting the profound benefits of EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, which is often called Tapping).
- You might be in the camp of people who love Tapping and use it regularly.
- You might be in the camp of people who have tried it before and found it weird, or confusing, or irritating, or it just didn't make logical sense so you gave up.
- Or maybe you're in the camp of never having tried Tapping or you've never heard of it!
No matter where you're at, join with myself and Brad in the video below and tap along because…
It's GAME CHANGING.
If you're stressed, anxious, worried, overwhelmed… you have nothing to lose and everything to gain…
- 3:33 – What is Tapping?
- 5:15 – Research validating Tapping (significant drops in the stress hormone (cortisol) levels, MRI scans showing changes in the brain)
- 8:14 – Tapping supports changes in both how we feel in the moment and the way we respond to stress triggers going forward.
- 20:32 – The Basic “How To” of Tapping
- 28:39 – Guided Tapping to Release Stress (follow along with Brad)
To a degree it doesn't matter what you logically “think” about Tapping, the fact is that when you tap on the meridian points it generates signals that help to reduce the stress response.
Your brain, body and energy system are quite simply MIRACULOUS in how they respond.
Related Resources for Tapping
- Why I advocate for Tapping & answers to common questions
- Tapping for Anxiety with myself & Julie Schiffman
- Tapping for Self Love with myself & Jessica Ortner
- Tapping for Resistance to Using Tapping! with myself & Dr Damon Silas
Let's signal our brains, bodies and energy systems OUT of stresss response and into the “relaxation response”, where we are calmer, more coherent and more in control.
Here's what others in our community have shared about their experience Tapping:
- “I felt stress and anxiety all morning and this has helped me tremendously!”
- “It is awesome, I am making it part of my daily routine! I felt much much calmer after doing it. Thank you!”
- “The issue seems to be totally gone! Really? That fast? Will it last? I still can’t believe how much better I feel. I am stunned.”
Related Resources for Stress Relief & Transforming Your Response to Stress Triggers
- Start the “Stress Less” Training with B – in our EvolveHQ Membership
- Master Your Mind with B – 6 week online program
- 7 Steps to Take Back Control When You're Stressed Out
- How to Deal with Worry
- How to Deal with Difficult Family
- How to Deal with Rude & Toxic People
- How to Deal with Workplace Stress