“You wander from room to room. Hunting for the diamond necklace. That is already around your neck.” – Rumi
In this video we explore a cycle of suffering, and a way out. Including:
- The kind of seeking and searching that creates suffering
- Why we seek/search in the first place
- The types of things we commonly look for outside of ourselves, which in fact we might never find
- Where we can reliably cultivate the core of all that we are looking for
- The ironic and painful outcome when we try to feel more significant and complete as a person by engaging in the outside world
- All the goodness and beauty that is available when we stop the cycle that causes suffering and enter an entirely new relationship with ourselves and with life.
Tell me… can you personally relate to any of the reflections in the vlog?
Leave a comment below.
What you've been through may well help another person who is watching and reading along with you in our community.
And here is the final quote we finished with in the vid, and a link to read the whole poem if you wish…
“I want to know if you can be alone by yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.” – from The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
With much love,